Click image to enlarge...
- Sweep or vacuum clean the area, removing any high points in the floor and fill any holes with rapid setting floor repair compound.
- Lay the conductive strips in parallel lines at 1m intervals down the longest length of the room wall to wall, ensuring conductive material will be adjacent to the tile joints (see diagram above).
- Lay further lines of conductive material at 90 degrees to the first lines, at 5mm intervals from the first earthing point, across the shorter length of the room to form a grid.
- When the grid has been laid the tiles can be fitted. Starting from the centre of the room lay conductive strip (i.e. all 4 tiles are in contact with the conductive strip). Work outwards from the centre, taking care to ensure that the interlocking joints stay in contact with the conductive strip.
- Cut the tiles to a straight edge, leaving a 5mm gap between any fixed points and the tiles to allow for expansion.
- Connect the conductive strip to a suitable earth source to complete the installation of you ESD safe conductive floor.